President Mahama Says He Enjoys Stonebwoy's 'Baafira'

From ‘Yentie Obiaa’ to ‘Baafira’, it seems our President has a thing for not worrying over what his critics has to say. In an interview with Uniiq FM on Wednesday to mark International Youth Day, the President revealed that, the song he likes to listen to in recent times is Stonebwoy's ‘Baafira’ and 'Sheekena'.
“I like a lot of the old artistes. Of course Kojo Antwi continues to be my favourite. I like Gyedu Blay-Ambolley, KK Kabobo. I like the young ones too. I listen to some of the old young ones like Shasha Marley, Wutah, VIP. But recently I listen to Stonebwoy, I think he’s got a good hit with Sheekena and Baafira. That’s also a good one. I like Ghanaian music so I listen to most of our artistes”, he stated.

He was however concerned with the influx of foreign music on Ghanaian radio stations. He called for a balance between local and foreign music, adding that there is a bill yet to appear before parliament which will clearly highlight and direct the percentage of local and foreign music to be played on radio.
On the movie front, President Mahama hailed Ghanaian movie industry for churning out great movies. “When I’m traveling, I watch Ghanaian movies in the presidential jet,’ he noted. 
He mentioned Shirley Frimpong Manso as a great movie producer and director, and lauded her for her recent movie ‘Devil in the Detail.’ He also acknowledged Kumawood movies, adding that he likes Lil Win, Agya Koo, and Emelia Brobbey. “I think they are getting there.” He said they were amateurish in the beginning, but they are doing great now.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment