Did Ofori Amponsah Steal The 'Alewa' Song From Andy Of Mentor Fame? Listen To Both Versions And Be The Judge

Since Ofori Amponsah came back with his new song 'Alewa'  which features Sarkodie,  there have been series of events surrounding the release of the song but as if that was not enough, now Andy  of TV3's Mentor 1 fame is claiming the song belongs to him and that it was “stolen”.

In an interview with Sammy Flex on Pluzz FM in Accra, Andy explained that, his initial intention was to feature former Mentor 1 mate Okurasini Samuel before the release of the song but he was advised to feature a hilife artist instead since the song had a typical hilife touch.

He further explained he then contacted Kofi Nti,  who asked him to change some of the lyrics to the song to make it more appropriate which he refused.

“The song ‘Alewa’ was produced by NADACO in Kumasi. My producer told me the music sounded like Hi-life so I should feature a popular Hi-life singer to sing the chorus version.”

“I had first considered to feature my mentor colleague, Okuraseni Samuel but later told popular Hi-Life singer, Kofi Nti and he advised me to change some lyrics in the song but I declined. He told me to wait for him at the studio which he never showed up at Taifa PI Studio. He later called me on phone to meet him to discuss something with me but told him I’m done with the song until I recently heard that Ofori Amponsah has released similar song with same titled ‘Alewa’.”

Andy is therefore of the opinion that Kofi Nti might have shared lyrics of the song with Ofori Amponsah, an allegation Kofi Nti denies. Ofori Amponsah Is yet to respond too. 

But listen to both versions below and be the judge.

Ofori Amponsah's version, featuring Sarkodie


Andy's Version

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment